Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Lives of Our Children

When considering the technological progress made in the last 20 years, the future seems to be a nebulous blur.  I have often worried about the world in which our children will grow up.  Today, people often spend their free time in front of the TV or on the internet.  No one can fathom how things will change for the next generation.  The enigmatic 'worse' world of 20 years from now is difficult to face at this moment. However, one must consider the reverse of the situation.  When I look at my parents, I feel blessed to have grown up surrounded by technology.  Perhaps instead of fear, the reasonable emotion should be jealousy.

1 comment:

  1. If my grand-children get to teleport, then I'll definitely be jealous. Then I can tell them stories of how hard it was having to drive half an hour to see my best friend when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete